Information from http://www.ifs.tas.gov.au/trout-weekend/come-along-to-trout-weekend-liaweenee-great-lake
Come and see hundreds of brown trout on their annual spawning migration in Tasmania’s central highlands.
Saturday 21 & Sunday 22 May 2016
10am – 3pm daily
There is something for the whole family at Trout Weekend, its not just for anglers!
- Watch wild trout being stripped of eggs for the IFS hatchery
- Kids can try their luck at the junior anglers pond and maybe catch a trout for dinner!
- Discover the wonders of our native freshwater species
Pick up some tips & ideas at the trout cooking demonstrations
- Take a helicopter ride and get a bird’s eye view of the Central Plateau and yingina/Great Lake
- Enjoy refreshments, competitions and giveaways
- Learn about fisheries management
- Talk with trout fishing experts and practice your casting skills
- Discuss (& dream about!) boats and fishing equipment at the trade exhibits.
Trout Weekend 2016 is an alcohol, smoking and dog free event
Any questions? Please call 1300 INFISH or 61653808
At Trout Weekend 2015 visitors.....
discussed fisheries management issues
watched trout being stripped of eggs
obtained information and purchased souvenirs
enjoyed success in the junior anglers pond
used radio tracking equipment to locate a model Eurpoean carp
took in the views of yingina/Great Lake and beyond from a helicopter